Natural support for people with cancer and the whole family
Oncology Acupuncture Toronto provides licensed health care services with a special focus on supporting people through cancer treatment and recovery. Our passion is empowering people with tools for well-being, in any stage or situation. We offer years of experience with natural healing methods including herbal medicine, nutrition, acupuncture, acupressure, massage, cupping, Qi Gong and mindfulness meditation, and more. We believe we can all create a better world by giving and receiving authentic care – for ourselves, our relationships, and our communities.
Free 15 minute consultation for all new patients.
For those in cancer treatment or recovery, we aim to improve your quality of life, strengthen your immunity, and reduce side effects from surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormone and other therapies. Research (in leading cancer centres and hospitals worldwide) shows that Chinese medicine and acupuncture can help with:
- cancer-related pain
- cancer-related fatigue
- chemotherapy side effects
- post-treatment recovery and recurrence prevention
- numbness/tingling/pain (chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy or CIPN)
- low blood counts (anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, etc.
- digestion problems (chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, poor appetite, diarrhea, constipation)
- insomnia (and sleep quality), stress, anxiety and depression
- dry or inflamed mouth (xerostomia or oral mucositis)
- vasomotor symptoms (hot flashes, sweats, etc.)
- improving your energy and immune system
- reduce stress and inflammation
- neck pain, back pain, neuropathies and parasthesia (numbness, tingling, strange sensations)
- fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue, post-stroke paralyses or pain, migraines
- trauma recovery, insomnia, anxiety, depression, burnout/adrenal fatigue, PTSD
- dysmenorrhea (painful periods), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), fertility, ovarian cysts, recurrent miscarriage, fibroids, pregnancy issues (morning sickness, back pain or sciatica during pregnancy, labour preparation)
- chronic gastritis, IBS, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s
- chronic cough, recurrent colds and allergies
- other complex and chronic illnesses (auto-immune diseases, etc.)
Meet the Team
Pauline Sok Yin Hwang, R.Ac., R.TCMP
- In clinical practice since 2012
- Registered with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario
- Honours BSc, Cognitive Neuroscience (McGill)
- Diploma of Acupuncture (Institute of Traditional Medicine)
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner Diploma (Eight Branches)
- Master’s degree in Medicine, major in TCM Internal Medicine and Integrative Oncology (Nanjing)
- Involved in scientific research in integrative oncology
- Over 20 years experience in community health
- Available for appointments at our Vaughan and Toronto Locations.
For a more detailed bio, click here.
Rian Scott, R.Ac.
- Registered Acupuncturist with College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario
- Over 6 years of Acupuncture practice.
- Uses an integrative approach health and wellness through diagnostic principles and therapies rooted in Traditional East Asian Medicine.
- Completed the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre’s Fundamentals of Oncology Acupuncture professional training course for acupuncturists.
- Only available for appointments at our Toronto location starting April 1st, 2020.
For a more detailed bio, click here.
Request your free consultation
Come in to chat, get to know us, and ask questions you might have. It’ll take about 15 minutes, and you have absolutely no obligation to book afterward.