Natural support for people with cancer and the whole family
I’m a Registered Acupuncturist and Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner with a special focus on supporting people through cancer treatment and recovery. My passion is empowering people with tools for well-being, in any stage or situation. I believe we can all create a better world by giving and receiving authentic care – for ourselves, our relationships, and our communities.
Free 15 minute consultation for all new patients.
For those in cancer treatment or recovery, I aim to improve your quality of life, strengthen your immunity, and reduce side effects from surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormone and other therapies. Research (in leading cancer centres and hospitals worldwide) shows that acupuncture can help with:
- cancer-related pain
- cancer-related fatigue
- numbness/tingling/pain (chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy or CIPN)
- low blood counts (anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, etc.
- digestion problems (chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, poor appetite, diarrhea, constipation)
- insomnia (and sleep quality), stress, anxiety and depression
- dry or inflamed mouth (xerostomia or oral mucositis)
- vasomotor symptoms (hot flashes, sweats, etc.)
- improving your energy and immune system
- reduce stress and inflammation, helping prevent cancer recurrence
I also work with many individuals whose health concerns are NOT cancer-related. Examples of conditions I treat include:
- neck pain, back pain, neuropathies and parasthesia (numbness, tingling, strange sensations)
- fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue, post-stroke paralyses or pain, migraines
- trauma recovery, insomnia, anxiety, depression, burnout/adrenal fatigue, PTSD
- dysmenorrhea (painful periods), polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), fertility, ovarian cysts, recurrent miscarriage, fibroids, pregnancy issues (morning sickness, back pain or sciatica during pregnancy, labour preparation)
- chronic gastritis, IBS, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s
- chronic cough, recurrent colds and allergies
- other complex and chronic illnesses (auto-immune diseases, etc.)
Pauline Sok Yin Hwang, R.Ac., R.TCMP
- In clinical practice since 2012
- Registered with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario
- Honours BSc, Cognitive Neuroscience (McGill)
- Diploma of Acupuncture (Institute of Traditional Medicine)
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner Diploma (Eight Branches)
- Master’s degree in Medicine, major in TCM Internal Medicine and Integrative Oncology (Nanjing)
- Involved in scientific research in integrative oncology
- Over 20 years experience in community health
For a more detailed bio, click here.
Request your free consultation
Come in to chat, get to know me, and ask questions you might have. It’ll take about 15 minutes, and you have absolutely no obligation to book afterward.