You and your loved ones are welcome to join a FREE workshop introducing Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and its lessons for cancer care and recovery. The talk will include lessons for any stage or type of cancer, including prevention, active treatment, or maintenance care.
NOTE: This workshop was originally scheduled for Feb 12 and is now postponed until Feb 26th due to weather.
You will learn about:
- What TCM is, how it is used in hospitals and cancer centres around the world
- Four major factors contributing to cancer, according to TCM
- Useful foods for those four major factors
- How we can use TCM self-care to support cancer prevention and recovery
- Acupressure points on yourself for symptom relief
- Understanding your hot/cold balance and eating accordingly
- Five Elements in TCM and how to do simple and helpful meditation
- Time-permitting, a Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis or treatment demonstration
Presenter: Pauline Sok Yin Hwang, Registered Acupuncturist, is the founder of Hillgreen Oncology Acupuncture & Herbs. She has completed a Master’s degree in Medicine focused on Traditional Chinese Medicine Oncology. She also has a Bachelor of Science in Cognitive Neuroscience (McGill University), and diplomas in both Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. She works out of the Marsden Centre for Excellence in Integrative Medicine, one of the leading naturopathic oncology clinics in Canada. Pauline also has many years experience facilitating workshops that participants of diverse backgrounds enjoy.
***NEW Date ****: Tuesday, February 26, 2019. 7:00 to 8:30 pm
Location: Wellspring Chinguacousy Cancer Support Centre 5 Inspiration Way, Brampton, ON L6R 0L7
RSVP: Book your spot for free below. In addition, to join Wellspring Chinguacousy as a member and register for this and other programs, go to https://wellspring.ca/chinguacousy/register/#!1